Skip to main content
Research support & publishing
What is ORCID?
- ORCID (Open Researcher & Contributor ID) is an international and unique digital identifier for researchers.
- Researchers at Dalarna University are encouraged to acquire ORCID.
- There is no cost for the individual researcher to use ORCID.
- The Swedish Research Council's application and management system Prisma requires the use of ORCID.
- ORCID is used both for applications and with publications in both Sweden as well as other countries. Many publications and research financiers already use ORCID.
- ORCID is intended to accurately link researchers with their research publications.
- ORCID remains with the researcher throughout his/her career regardless of name form, change of name, change of educational institute, relocation abroad, etc.
- The Swedish Research Council has already established a national advisory group for research information. ORCID and its use in Sweden will be subjects of discussion within this group.
- When registering publications in DiVA, ORCID can be specified.