Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Research support & publishing
What is DiVA?
DiVA is Dalarna University's academic repository and database for research publications and theses by doctoral students, researchers and students.
DiVA is a public electronic archive and publishing is done Open Access. This means that everyone has the right to read, cite, download and print what is published. However, if you wish to make use of a publication or thesis that you find in DiVA, you must request permission from the author, who always retains copyright of his/her work.
DiVA is a system used by 49 educational and research institutes in Sweden. All publications can be found using the search engine DiVA portal. Uppsala University Library is responsible for maintaining and developing this search engine.
What is the purpose of DiVA?
- It is a platform for Dalarna University’s publications
- It provides long-term storage for university publications and affords secure access to these
- It distributes Dalarna University publications to other databases and search services
- It is used for publication lists on the University's website
- It is used as a basis for the allocation of research funds
- It is used as a basis for bibliometrics – the statistical analysis of publications