Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Research support & publishing
What is ORCID?
- ORCID (Open Researcher & Contributor ID) is an international and unique digital identifier for researchers.
- Researchers at Dalarna University are encouraged to acquire ORCID.
- There is no cost for the individual researcher to use ORCID.
- The Swedish Research Council's application and management system Prisma requires the use of ORCID.
- ORCID is used both for applications and with publications in both Sweden as well as other countries. Many publications and research financiers already use ORCID.
- ORCID is intended to accurately link researchers with their research publications.
- ORCID remains with the researcher throughout his/her career regardless of name form, change of name, change of educational institute, relocation abroad, etc.
- The Swedish Research Council has already established a national advisory group for research information. ORCID and its use in Sweden will be subjects of discussion within this group.
- When registering publications in DiVA, ORCID can be specified.